Janssen Pharmaceutica Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis
Prof. John F. Hartwig (UC Berkeley, United States) has been designated by the Jury as the winner of the 2014 Janssen Pharmaceutica Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis. The award will be delivered after the lecture Prof. Hartwig will give at the symposium on Thursday July 17, 2014.
The Janssen Pharmaceutica Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis (formerly Dr Paul Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis) was established in 1986 on the occasion of the first Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium (BOSS). The Prize is intended to honour Dr. Paul Janssen, founder of Janssen Pharmaceutica.
The Prize is awarded on a biennial basis, on the occasion of the BOSS, to a chemist under the age of 50 who has made a significant contribution to the field of organic synthesis in the broadest sense. The Prize consists of a trophy, a citation, and 20.000 Euros. The laureate of the Prize is expected to deliver a lecture at the BOSS Meeting.
More details about the Prize Jury and the Nomination Process are available on the Janssen Pharmaceutica website.
Awardees of the Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis:
- 2014 - J.F Hartwig (UC Berkeley, United States)
- 2012 - I. Marek (Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel)
- 2010 - E. Jacobsen (Harvard University, USA)
- 2008 - A. Fürstner (MPI für Kohlenforschung, Germany)
- 2004 - P. Knochel (Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Germany)
- 2002 - D. Boger (Scripps Institute, USA)
- 2000 - F. Diederich (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- 1998 - D.P. Curran (University of Pittsburgh, USA)
- 1996 - S. Ley (University of Cambridge, UK)
- 1994 - K.C. Nicolaou (Scripps Research Institute and University of California, USA)
- 1992 - P.D. Magnus (Texas University, USA)
- 1990 - B.M. Trost (Stanford University, USA)
- 1988 - J.E. Baldwin (Oxford University, UK)
- 1986 - K.B. Sharpless (MIT, USA)
With the support of