Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis
Prof. Dean Toste (University of California, United States) has been designated by the Jury as the winner of the 2018 Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis. The award will be delivered after the lecture of Prof. Toste on Tuesday July 10, 2018.
The Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis (formerly Dr Paul Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis) was established in 1986 on the occasion of the first Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium (BOSS). The Prize is intended to honour Dr Paul Janssen, founder of Janssen Pharmaceutica.
The Prize is awarded on a biennial basis, on the occasion of the BOSS, to a chemist under the age of 50 who has made a significant contribution to the field of organic synthesis in the broadest sense. The Prize consists of a trophy, a citation, and 20.000 Euros. The laureate of the Prize is expected to deliver a lecture at the BOSS Meeting.
Awardees of the Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis:
- 2016 - D. MacMillan (Princeton University, USA)
- 2014 - J.F. Hartwig (UC Berkeley, USA)
- 2012 - I. Marek (Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, IL)
- 2010 - E. Jacobsen (Harvard University, USA)
- 2008 - A. Fürstner (MPI für Kohlenforschung, DE)
- 2004 - P. Knochel (Ludwig-Maximilians-University, DE)
- 2002 - D. Boger (Scripps Institute, USA)
- 2000 - F. Diederich (ETH Zürich, CH)
- 1998 - D.P. Curran (University of Pittsburgh, USA)
- 1996 - S. Ley (University of Cambridge, UK)
- 1994 - K.C. Nicolaou (Scripps Research Institute and University of California, USA)
- 1992 - P.D. Magnus (Texas University, USA)
- 1990 - B.M. Trost (Stanford University, USA)
- 1988 - J.E. Baldwin (Oxford University, UK)
- 1986 - K.B. Sharpless (MIT, USA)
More info on: http://www.janssenprizeorganicsynthesis.com
With the support of